Monday, July 6, 2009

Lilies for Lunch?

Now that I know day lilies are edible, all I needed to try making stuffed lilies for lunch was some willing guinea pigs. I have to say the kids were good sports about trying lilies stuffed with tuna salad. I started out with the main ingredients:

The lunch tray actually looked pretty attractive, especially with the green grapes.




Rachel doesn't look to eager for the experiment but she ate the whole thing.



Grace decided lilies were good not just for lunch but frequent outside snacks. I had a hard time protecting my lily garden from total decimation and finally had to put strict limits on lily picking.



Madeleine gave a definite thumbs up. Now we're wondering how frozen lilies stuffed with ice cream would be. As good as ice cream sandwiches?

No comments: