Saturday, April 9, 2011

I'm not Scottish, but I Have the Thrift Gene!

Larry and I started square dancing again last October after a 25 year break. Unfortunately I gave away all my dancing regalia years ago including five petticoats and the skirts and dresses that went with them. But I'm finding that filling my closet is just a question of a little thrift and imagination. Today I cut the top off a prairie skirt, sewed a casing, and inserted elastic and voila! I have a "new" square dancing skirt that cost me $2.00 at the thrift store. I've been picking up tops at thrift stores here and there as well. That plus the generous contribution of two skirts, a dress, and a petticoat from several other dancers and I have almost too many outfits to choose from. I feel like the grandkids picking through my dress up box for the perfect outfit.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Great pic of you guys mom! I still need a photo of you in your Christmas gift duds just to prove we spent everyone's money well :) Love you.