Saturday, December 19, 2009

We're snowed in and not getting out anytime soon!

I took this photo of the swimming pool this afternoon and since then the snow has accumulated another four or five inches. When I last check with a ruler it was 17 inches, but when Larry checked it just now (8:30 p.m.) it was 18.5. It's pretty much flurrying now so I think that we are close to the Kreitzer official measurement. Now if only some brownie would come in the night and dig out our driveway.... There is no way we are getting out. It's about 100 feet long and the snow plows have left a mountain at the end. I think we will not be making it to Mass tomorrow. I can't remember the last time that happened. If we check out the road tomorrow and it isn't too slick we may walk. This is a good lesson in what things were like before the automobile.

This is the first year I remember two snowfalls in December. And winter doesn't even start for two days! Is this a harbinger or will it be like the summers when the hottest weather comes in June? Time will tell. One of my grandchildren (can't remember who) told me it would be a hard winter because the caterpillars were dark brown. Was that you, Brendan?

No comments: