Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse....

I wish that were true, but since last Christmas at least one of the little critters was not only stirring, but chewing and chewing, presumably on a quest for bedding material to make a nest. When I pulled out my Christmas village this year I found my "snow" (which was new last year) had been sabotaged. The mouse didn't make his bed in the box which was filled to the brim with smaller boxes holding the church, the inn, Scrooge's townhouse and all the other acoutrements of the Christmas village, so now I have to wonder where his bed is. Yuck! Will I find lots of little mice somewhere? I hope not. The intrepid mouse hunter is on the trail -- i.e., the game's afoot. He also went and got me new "snow" so I could finish my project which decorates my dining room buffet during the Christmas season.

1 comment:

Gargamella Creations said...

Ewww... I feel your pain. When I was teaching, I left a piece of candy in my desk drawer over the weekend. I forgot about it until Monday and a mouse had a party in my desk. The janitor was nice enough to clean and disinfect it for me.