Friday, June 19, 2009

I Love Wildflowers!

Just ask my husband what I bring home when I go for a walk...a handful of wild flowers and grasses from the side of the road. It might be a mini-bouquet of buttercups and tiny daisies with a few interesting grasses and some purple clover for extra color or maybe three big Queen Ann's Lace clusters with some intersting weeds with pretty leaves and some blue cornflowers. I can even make a bouquet out of an assortment of grass mixing the wheaty-looky stems with some long tapering leaves. I like to put them in my kitchen window and admire them when I was dishes..

When I'm out with my camera, though, I often bring home a digital bouquet of wildflower pictures. Here are a few from some recent trips.

Blackwater Falls, West Virginia:






George Washington National Forest near New Market, Virginia:





Not a wildflower but I love the three distinct leaves from the Sassafrass Tree:



Shenandoah National Park near Skyland on the Skyline Drive:




No comments: