Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day and Frozen Daiquiris

Well, we had three fathers at our house today. Larry, David, and Jonathan. In honor of the day I made frozen strawberry daiquiris from the last of the three flats we picked about two weeks ago. It's wonderful living out in the country where you can pick your own fruits and vegetables. You can't get fresher than that.

I froze the last of them a few days ago before they spoiled. They added to the frozen effect. My recipe has a secret ingredient (which I forgot to add to this batch), perhaps fortunately, because Jes, David's wife, doesn't like coconut.

So here's my version of the strawberry daiquiri:

one twelve ounce can of limeade
twelve ounces of rum
2-3 cups of strawberries fresh or frozen
a tray of ice cubes
2 heaping tablespoons of coconut cream

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.

Add a strawberry on side of glass for garnish and enjoy.

Makes six daiquiris.

I like to make these for the children without the rum (and the expectant moms too). Very festive for any occasion.

No comments: